We hired John Edgar shoot our wedding that took place over year ago. At first meeting he seemed genuine and sincere.

We were completely fooled. Over the course of the year from when I hired him until my wedding day he was completely unreachable. I even question if he would even show up the day of my wedding. Well, he did.

We paid him in full and then NEVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN! Since our wedding day I have not received a single picture or even an explanation. He stole our money and I've learned that many other brides are in the same boat. He has caused us so much pain and distress and much money in legal fees.

Beware. http://johnedgar.net/

Comments

WTH he let the couple know he wasn't going to show up the night before the wedding?

he has blatantly robbed countless of couples! please do not let this broke joke steal from you we are still waiting for our photos!!!!

to Anonymous #809931

WOW HE IS STILL DOING THIS TO PPL AFTER SO MANY YRS AND CONTINUES DOING IT. I GUESS ONCE U ARE A SCAMMER U CONTINUE TO BE ONE.

HE DID THIS TO ME ALSO AND I WENT CRAZY I WAS HAVING NERVOUS BREAKDOWNS CAUSE OF HIM AND HE CAUSED ME SO MUCH STRESS.

HE IS A TYPICAL LIAR AND I HAVE CAUGHT HIM SO MANY TIMESN IN LIES. SUPPOSIBLY HE IS LIVING IN CALIFORNIA NOW, JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW.

my friend hired him for her wedding and he called the night before to say he couldn't be there...that he missed his flight or something. what a nightmare.

i myself am a wedding photographer and cannot in my wildest dreams imagine doing this to a client!! i almost recommend finding a married wedding photographer b/c they know what it's like to be on the client side of things too. john clearly has no concept of what it's like to be the client and to entrust someone with your wedding memories.

such a shame. i am so sorry to the people that this has happened to.

Dear Valued Customer,

We're very sorry. This business has been closed due to an unfortunate data loss with our storage device.

We're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience that you have experienced with John Edgar Photography. If you have any unresolved matters at this time, please contact johnedgarphotography@gmail.com so we can resolve them as soon as possible.

John Edgar Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #777834

Do NOT hire this person to shoot your wedding! He was over a year late delivering our pictures.

We kept calling and it was excuse after excuse. First it was, "my dad got sick" which we were understanding about. Then months would pass by and then it was "Now I'm sick" and then he wouldn't even answer his calls! After reading all these complaints I realize that he has been using these lies for years!

So unprofessional. When we finally got our picture over half of them were missing!! We asked about them and he just ignored our calls!

For the amount of $$$$ he charges, he has to stop with these scams!

to Ripped off bride by John Edgar Toronto, Ontario, Canada #811756

AS NOW I BELIEVE JOHN IS IN NEW YORK

As of November 2013 it seems John is employed by a NY based company:: https://www.digitalocean.com/

is this him? https://twitter.com/jedgar

to Anonymous #789425

yes it is.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #770751

you can hit him on his twitter account jedgar - he has almost 18000 followers, can certainly get a reaction from him.

We too had him take the pictures 3 years ago. we at least got the photos, but no wedding book still - ended up doing it ourselves.

abellos

We're almost in the same boat. We got a huge runaround regarding a full set of our photos, and he still owes us our wedding book, that we already paid for....

4 YEARS AGO. Not only was he in the wrong, but when I sent an email at the two year mark, he was incredibly rude and insulting to me. It's unfortunate that this person has left such a bad mark on what was supposed to be people's happiest days.

Shame on him. I have definitely not been contacted for him to provide us our wedding book.

JOHN EDGAR ONCE A LIAR ALWAYS A LIAR!!!!!!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #730501

i am in the same boat as all of you. I can tell you that he contact us about one month ago.

he wanted to pay back money. did he contact anyone else.

JOHN EDGAR # 1 SCAM PERSON THAT ANYONE CAN EVER MEET, HE TOOK PICTURES OF MY WEDDING AND THEN DISAPERRED

Has anyone been able to pursue this? Track him down? I too was scammed by him and my wife and I are trying to find out what would be the best way to handle this legally.

to ***ed Massapequa, New York, United States #676102

Hi! Please email me at db6037@yahoo.com.

to Anonymous #676175

I have also been scammed by him!! We have not heard form him all YEAR!

I will email you.

to ***ed #1236907

Hi, my husband and I pursued legal action against him several years ago and I am happy to share more info with you if you are interested (if so will send you my email). Also, if anyone living in New York that got scammed on getting their photos is still interested in a legal group filing please let me know. We're in.

LS - I am in the same boat as are a half dozen of my friends. I am in the process of tracking him down to try and resolve this amicably or through the courts.

I will post my findings once I get them.

to Wedding 2011 New York City, New York, United States #666317

Hi "Wedding 2011"

I am also in the same boat, I know many others brides as well. Is there a way I can reach you via email or number?

You can email me at db6037@yahoo.com.